From The Desk Of Stephen V. Timpany
March 19, 2014
Many of you already know how strongly I feel about proper training, correct practices, and staying up to date on the latest information for indoor environmental and air quality issues, especially when it comes to mold. What you might not know is why.
Understanding the many safety hazards involved in successful mold remediation is the critical first step to ensuring the health and well-being of everyone involved. Improper procedures and lax safety precautions could not only lead to an incomplete or haphazard job, but an untrained contractor can spread contamination to clean areas making things worse. Many documented species of mold that proliferate due to water damage are known to cause respiratory illnesses and allergic reactions. This is not hype. This is a fact. All it takes to expose everyone on site to potential perils is an improperly trained or careless individual.
This is also why credentials matter so much!
The right credentials are the first indication that you are dealing with a reputable company whose main interest is YOUR safety! Safe and complete removal of mold is NOT learned by watching a video or by trial and error. It is instead a science where strict adherence to standards, processes and procedures must be followed.
Who do I trust to train and certify both myself and my technicians?
As the oldest certifying body in the Indoor Air Quality Industry, the American Council for Accredited Certification (ACAC) was first to:
• Operate independently of industry membership associations
• Operate independently of training providers
• Refuse all revenue agreements with product manufacturers
• Refuse all revenue agreements with service providers
• Award its certifications by a board of peers specific to your focus
• Award its certifications after open discussions by a board of peers
• Award its certifications by unanimous vote
• Develop its examinations in compliance with published psychometric standards
• Deliver its examinations via independent third-party proctors
• Employ secure, online high stakes computer-based testing
• Has its designations listed as prerequisites for a state license
• Has its examinations listed as prerequisites for a state license
* Has its designations specified by the US government
• Offer third-party accredited certifications in structural drying, environmental
infection control and Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) management
• Refuse to give examination questions/answers to prep course providers
• And ACAC has the ONLY accredited certifications specific to the IAQ industry!
In addition to ACAC certification, SMS Indoor Environmental Cleaning, Inc., uses all OSHA approved safety equipment to ensure the safety of our technicians. SMS also carries the correct industry insurance to further protect everyone involved.
Continuous training and education, correct usage of safety equipment, and our commitment to ensuring our work are three reasons SMS Indoor Environmental Cleaning, Inc., has been awarded the Outstanding Achievement Safety Award for the past twelve years by the National Air Duct Cleaners Association (NADCA).
This level of attention to safety is what makes SMS different form the rest and a clear choice when recommending and/or hiring a Mold Remediation Company.
Stephen V. Timpany is an American Council for Accredited Certification (ACAC) Council-Certified Residential Mold Inspector (CRMI), an ACAC Council-Certified Microbial Remediation Supervisor (CMRS), a National Air Duct Cleaners Association (NADCA) Certified Air Systems Cleaning Specialist (ASCS), and a Ventilation System Mold Remediator (VSMR). Mr. Timpany is also a member of the Indoor Air Quality Association (IAQA), a member of the IAQA's Education Committee, and a member of the Indoor Environmental Standards Organization's (IESO) Consensus Body. He is an Indoor Environmental Professional and a Mold Remediation Specialist.
SMS Indoor Environmental Cleaning, Inc., is a Mold Remediation Company that specializes in the Identification and Elimination of Indoor Environmental Microbial Contamination. Services include Mold Inspection and Remediation, Water and Flood Damage Restoration, HVAC Systems and Air Duct Cleaning, Dryer Vent Cleaning, Industrial Facilities and Manufacturing Equipment Cleaning, and Home Decontamination and Clean-Down. To learn more about how SMS Indoor Environmental Cleaning, Inc., can help you identify and solve your indoor environmental microbial contamination problems, call Steve Timpany at 800-845-3022 or email at email@example.com.
Commonwealth of Massachusetts Certified Pesticide Applicators License # 39226
SMS Indoor Environmental Cleaning, Inc. | 11 Awl Street | Medway MA 02053 | 800-845-3022 | fax 508-533-9697 | Steve@SMSindoor.com
© 2010-2014 SMS Indoor Environmental Cleaning | gITnoticed® Marketing. All Rights Reserved. Contact Webmaster.
© 2006-2010 SMS Surface Maintenance Systems.