SMS Indoor Environmental Cleaning, Inc.      |      1(800) 845-3022         |         Steve@SMSindoor.com         |         Request A Quote

 

—— Question 6: Why is Cleaning your Dryer Vents So Important ? ——

One of the most important task to your home and families safety is often one of the most commonly neglected. When is the last time you thought about your dryer vents? Never mind cleaned them out?

Dryer maintenance is crucial to the safety of your home. A clogged dryer can cost you money and even your home or your life, which is why it is essential these ventilation systems are cleaned out on a regular basis. Having clean dryer vents improves the efficiency of your dryer, lowers energy costs, and most important keeps your home safe from fires.

If your dryer is not cleaned at least once a year it can become clogged with lint and other debris. A lint trap only traps about 60% of the lint from your dryer, the other 40% ends up going into your dryer vent system. This accumulation of link in the dryer vent can create a real fire hazard. The NFPA (National Fire Protection Agency) reports that 18,000 structure fires a year in the U.S. are caused by clogged or blocked dryer vents. Dozens of deaths, hundreds of injuries and over One-Hundred Million Dollars in property loss are also attributed to dryer vent fires each year.

If your dryer vent is no longer working properly there will be a few signs. The first sign will be if your laundry is taking longer to dry than usual. Dryers work by removing hot moist air and if something is preventing air from being removed your laundry may not dry completely. This results is you having to run more cycles to get your clothes dry and in turn spending more money. 

Not only is having clogged dryer vents hurting your energy bill and causing you to take longer to dry your clothes it could be posing a very serious fire hazard to you and your family. If you notice your dryer taking longer to dry your clothes or cannot remember the last time you had your dryer vent cleaning out it may be time for a cleaning.

Contact SMS Indoor Environmental Services for a thorough cleaning of your dryer vents to ensure the safety of your home and family.

 

 

Commonwealth of Massachusetts Certified Pesticide Applicators License # 39226

SMS Indoor Environmental Cleaning, Inc.  |  11 Awl Street  |  Medway  MA  02053  |  800-845-3022  |  fax 508-533-9697  |  Steve@SMSindoor.com

© 2010-2014 SMS Indoor Environmental Cleaning  |  gITnoticed® Marketing. All Rights Reserved. Contact Webmaster.
© 2006-2010 SMS Surface Maintenance Systems.