SMS Indoor Environmental Cleaning, Inc.      |      1(800) 845-3022         |         Steve@SMSindoor.com         |         Request A Quote

 

—— Question 5: What is Toxic Black Mold? ——

Black mold is the common name for Stachybotrys chartarum, which is a very toxic and dangerous mold that can be found growing inside and outside. Black mold is usually greenish – black and can be found both inside and out. It is slimy due to the wet layer on top. Toxic black mold that is found inside is often from leaks inside walls, ceilings or floors.

What makes Black Mold so dangerous is that this mold produces toxins called mycotoxins which are potent enough to cause serious health problems to humans. These toxins can cause permeant damage to your health and in extreme cases even death. There are many symptoms that are caused by Black Mold including

  • Respiratory problems
  • Skin & Eyes Inflammation
  • Chronic Coughing & Sneezing
  • Hemorrhage
  • Tiredness
  • Nausea
  • Immune system suppression

The longer you are in the presence black mold the longer more it will damage your health. Because of the seriousness related to this type of mold if you find it on your property it is important to take steps to test the mold & immediately remediate it.  

 

 

Commonwealth of Massachusetts Certified Pesticide Applicators License # 39226

SMS Indoor Environmental Cleaning, Inc.  |  11 Awl Street  |  Medway  MA  02053  |  800-845-3022  |  fax 508-533-9697  |  Steve@SMSindoor.com

© 2010-2014 SMS Indoor Environmental Cleaning  |  gITnoticed® Marketing. All Rights Reserved. Contact Webmaster.
© 2006-2010 SMS Surface Maintenance Systems.