SMS Indoor Environmental Cleaning, Inc.      |      1(800) 845-3022         |         |         Request A Quote


—— Do You Have A Mold Problem? ——

Mold spores are found in just about every building throughout the New England area. Usually, they can be vacuumed or otherwise removed using normal cleaning methods, products, and equipment. But what do you do when normal methods either aren't working or just aren't practical given the scope of the problem?

Mold spores can activate and grow anywhere there is moisture and organic materials (such as wood, wall board, paper, insulation, fabric, and dirt) for the mold to feed on. There are hundreds of thousands of different species of mold fungi in
our everyday environments. Mold fungi reproduces by creating spores. Spores are microscopic copies of the parent mold. Spores are so small that once released, they quickly become airborne. They remain dormant until they come into contact with moisture and organic materials. Once that happens they attach and grow, and grow, and grow into a smelly colony.

Problem molds are those that attach themselves to your indoor organic surfaces (wood timbers, wall board, wall paper, insulation, fabrics, carpets, and non organic surfaces that have become dirty, greasy, or grimy). Since they are actually EATING all organic materials while they grow, they are clearly destroying your home, as well as causing
a serious indoor air quality problem for anyone breathing! Certain molds found in dwellings release mycotoxins (toxic chemicals) that can cause mild (persistent head aches) to severe (allergenic, pathogenic, and toxigenic) respiratory disorders, and even death in individuals with compromised immune systems. This is why indoor mold issues should not
be ignored.

If you have an area in your home where you can either see or smell mold, and have tried unsuccessfully to clean it on
your own (many people do), then you need professional mold remediation services. The problem is that the mold has contaminated the organic building material. Your efforts to remove it simply aren't extensive enough, plus you could actually be spreading the mold by not using proper methods. To actually kill the mold, you specific fungicides, and to use those fungicides, you need to be EPA Certified. While it may seem a bit over cautious to see technicians suit up in Tyvek gear
to deal with your mold problem, let me assure you it is not. If you have a "toxic" mold problem in your attic, basement, bathroom, kitchen, or walls, you need certified professional mold remediation to SOLVE your problem.

Steve Timpany, President of SMS Indoor Environmental Cleaning, Inc., is an NADCA Certified Air Systems Cleaning Specialist (ASCS), an ACAC Council-Certified Residential Mold Inspector (CRMI), and an ACAC Council-Certified Microbial Remediation Supervisor (CMRS). Mr. Timpany is also a member of the Indoor Air Quality Association (IAQA),
a member of the IAQA's Education Committee, and a member of the Indoor Environmental Standards Organization's
(IESO) Consensus Body. He is an Indoor Environmental Professional and a Mold Remediation Specialist.

For more information on SMS Indoor Environmental Cleaning, Inc., Mold Remediation Services, or to schedule a Mold and Microbial Inspection please call us or complete our Request A Quote form by following the link below.


Commonwealth of Massachusetts Certified Pesticide Applicators License # 39226

SMS Indoor Environmental Cleaning, Inc.  |  11 Awl Street  |  Medway  MA  02053  |  800-845-3022  |  fax 508-533-9697  |

© 2010-2014 SMS Indoor Environmental Cleaning  |  gITnoticed® Marketing. All Rights Reserved. Contact Webmaster.
© 2006-2010 SMS Surface Maintenance Systems.